John T. Yurconic, AAI
John T. Yurconic, AAI
610-770-6600 Ext. 104
Upon earning a B.S. degree in Chemistry from Lafayette College, John Jr. joined the Agency in 1989. His primary focus was to develop and market specific Personal and Commercial Insurance products. Agency experience and expertise developed in the Medical Malpractice, Large Business, Restaurant, Motorcycle, Preferred Auto, and Non-Standard Auto Insurance markets.
The Agency has evolved to be one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in Pennsylvania with 11 locations in Lehigh, Northampton, Schuylkill, Berks, and Carbon counties. In 1996, John Jr. worked to bring the Agency’s Vehicle Registration and Drivers’ License division online with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s. He currently holds his Accredited Advisor in Insurance designation and is a Certified WorkComp Advisor. John has developed specialized insurance programs for the podiatric medical malpractice and restaurant industries. He currently serves on the boards of Synergy Holdings Corp., a workmen’s compensation specialist insurance company, Pa Messenger Solutions, Inc t/a TitleNGo, a technology company supporting the Vehicle Registration industry, The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce and Embassy Bank for the Lehigh Valley. He is a former board member of the Lehigh Valley Chamber Orchestra, Weller Health Education Center, and the Allentown Symphony. John is married with two children and enjoys golf, tennis, soccer, boating and motorcycling.
- 1989 – Joined the John Yurconic Agency as an insurance salesperson.
- 1991 – Received the Accredited Advisor in Insurance designation.
- 1992 – Named salesperson of the year for the Pa Patriot Insurance Company.
- 1994 – Named statewide insurance broker for the Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association. Today the agency insures over 650 podiatrists.
- 1995 – Named Vice President of the John Yurconic Agency and assumed all management functions of the company.
- 1996 – Began a three year term on the Ambassador Bank Advisory Board.
- 1998 – Selected to serve a two year term on the Penn National Insurance Company Commercial Lines National Advisory Board.
- 1999 – Elected and currently serves as the Chairman of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Online Messenger Advisory Board.
- 2000 – Named statewide insurance broker for the Florida Podiatric Medical Association.
- 2000 – John Yurconic Agency joined the Keystone Insurers Group where John is a member of various advisory committees.
- 2003 – Executive Board Member for the Minsi Trail Council of the Boys Scouts of America.
- 2004 – Awarded Outstanding Personal Lines Production Award for Ohio Casualty Insurance Company, finished second in the country in new business sales.
- 2004 – Named President of the John Yurconic Agency.
- 2004 – Elected to the Board of Directors for Keystone Capital Investors, LLC, an investment group owning 49% of Keystone National Insurance Company.
- 2005 – Member of Advisory Council for Embassy Bank for the Lehigh Valley.
- 2006 – Elected to the Board of Directors for Synergy Holdings Corp., a workmen’s compensation specialist insurance company.
- 2006 – Selected as a recipient of the “20 Under 40″ award presented by the Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal.
- 2006 – Member of the board of directors of the Weller Health Education Center.
- 2006 – “Rising Star Award” received from the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- 2007 – Elected to the Board of Directors for Embassy Bank for the Lehigh Valley, a local community bank.
- 2007 – Named President of Insurance Premium Financing, Inc. a company specializing in the financing of insurance premiums.
- 2007 – Elected to the Board of ST. Luke’s Hospital – Allentown Campus
- 2007 -Elected to the Board of Directors of Pa Messenger Solutions, Inc. t/a TitleNGo.
- 2008 – Named to the Ohio Casualty Agent’s Insurance Advisory Council
- 2008 – Elected to Serve on the Board of Governors of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- 2008 – Elected to the Board of the Allentown Symphony Orchestra
- 2008 Elected to Serve on the Board of Governors of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce (term 2008 to 2011)
- 2008 Elected to the Board of the Allentown Symphony Orchestra (term 2008 to 2010)
- 2009 Served on the Board of Directors of Keystone National Insurance Company
- 2009 Walk Chairperson for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night Walk
- 2010 Selected as a recipient of the 2010 Executive Spotlight Award presented by the Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal.
- 2011 Served as Chairman of the Board of Pa Messenger Solutions, Inc. t/a TitleNGo.
- 2011 Elected to the Board of Governors of Lehigh Country Club for a three year term.
- 2012 Appointed to the Advisory Committee for the Minsi Trail Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- 2012 Chairperson for the Good Shepherd Golf & Tennis Invitational to benefit the Good Shepherd Pediatric Program.
- 2012 John Yurconic Agency received the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council Excellence in Business Award, 26 to 100 employee category.
- 2012 Selected as Finalist for Business of the Year (51-100 employees) category by Lehigh Valley Business.
- 2013 John Yurconic Agency listed #1 Insurance Agency in the Lehigh Valley by Lehigh Valley Business Book of Lists.
- 2013 Voted Best Insurance Agent of the Lehigh Valley by Lehigh Valley Magazine’s Annual Reader’s Choice Awards.
- 2013 Selected as Finalist for Business of the Year (51-100 employees) category by Lehigh Valley Business.
- 2013 John Yurconic Agency received Business of the Year Award (51-100 employees) category by Lehigh Valley Business.
- 2014 Honorary Chairperson-Cruise Captain for the Miller-Keystone Blood Center Cruise Aboard the Lifeline event.
- 2014 John Yurconic Agency was featured on the August 2014 cover of “Rough Notes” magazine, one of the country’s leading insurance industry publications.
- Selected as Finalist for Executive of the Year category presented by Lehigh Valley Business.
- 2014 Selected as Recipient of Executive of the Year Award presented by Lehigh Valley Business.
- 2014 Most Engagingly Exposed Award at the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce’s B2B Expo.
- 2015 Honorary Chairperson- American Red Cross- Cabaret & Cuisine 2015: At the Hop… Again.
- 2015 John Yurconic Agency received the Easton Area Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Chamber Partner award.
- 2015 John Yurconic Agency received The Morning Call Readers’ Choice Best Insurance Agency (Local Office) award.
- 2016 John Yurconic Agency was featured in July 2016 issue of Independent Agent (IA) magazine, a source of information for professionals who sell insurance for independent agencies.
- 2016 John T. Yurconic was an effective panel speaker at the 2016 Lehigh Valley Business’s 90 Ideas in 90 Minutes.
- 2017 John Yurconic Agency received the Lehigh Valley Styles’s 2017 Who’s Who in Business Award for the Valley’s Leading Insurance Agency.