Skip To Content
A young woman packs books into stacks of boxes

The start of the school year is upon us and parents of college students have a lot to consider. Insurance is a crucial consideration that can easily be overlooked in the packing and planning of the upcoming year. Thankfully, your team at Yurconic can make sure your student has the right coverage before they get on campus.

For many first or second-year students living on campus, parents’ homeowners’ policy typically provides all of the coverage their dependents will need; however, this is not always the case, particularly, if your student lives off-campus.

For students living off-campus, renters insurance may be required by your lease agreement. Even if it is not required, it is an easy and inexpensive way to protect your student and personal property from liability such as theft or damage to laptops, smartphones, bikes, books, instruments, sports equipment, furniture and even visitors to their home.

Regardless of what type of insurance coverage you have, make sure you have documented proof of the items you are insuring, including receipts, serial numbers and photographs of all items. This will ensure you get fully compensated for the event of a loss or claim.

If you are unsure whether your insurance coverage extends to your college students, or want to discuss what coverage is right for your unique situation, call your team at The Yurconic Agency, today.