Different States. One Registration.
Pennsylvania is one of 49 states that are included in the International Registration Plan (IRP). The plan allows interstate operators to register their vehicles in Pennsylvania instead of having to deal directly with every state in which they operate. PennDOT in turn pays the Apportionable Fees to the in which states the vehicle is operated based on the proportion of total distance in that state.
Who Needs an Apportioned Registration?
- Any truck that drives out of PA and has 2 axles and a gross, registered, or combination weight that exceeds 26,000 lbs.
- Any truck that drives out of PA and has 3 axles regardless of weight
- Any Non-chartered bus traveling outside of Pennsylvania
How Can The Yurconic Agency Help?
Timing is everything. We make the application process easy and timesaving. Every apportioned registration in the state of Pennsylvania expires on May 31st. Here’s a glimpse at the timeline and process for renewal and how the Yurconic Agency can make the whole process easier:
- By February 1st: IRP sends your renewal application.
- By February 15th: You should receive your application. If you have not The Yurconic Agency can help. All you have to do is stop in one of our offices and give us permission to access your account and we will print the renewal application for you! This is an instant service, so you’ll be able to complete and send the renewal application to PennDOT right away through our messenger service if you have all the required information with you. Please bring the information on the checklist such as fleet mileage for the reporting period, insurance information, and paid 2290 for vehicles weighing over 55,000 pounds.
- By March 15th: IRP should send your invoice. If you have not received an invoice, contact IRP or our office. As long as the invoice was created at PennDOT, we will be able to access and print it for you on the spot.
- Before May 1st: Bring your invoice and payment to the Yurconic Agency and we take care of sending payment to Harrisburg. If you visit our offices after May 1st, we can submit your payment and provide you with a temporary 60-day registration until IRP processes your payment.
Let’s Get Rolling
Have questions about apportioned registration, or want us to take care of the registration process for you? Simply stop by your nearest Yurconic Agency location (except American Parkway, Hazleton and Palmerton locations) and we can help.