John T. Yurconic Jr.
Upon earning a B.S. degree in Chemistry from Lafayette College, John Jr. joined the Agency in 1989. His primary focus was to develop and market specific Personal and Commercial Insurance products. Agency experience and expertise developed in the Medical Malpractice, Large Business, Restaurant, Motorcycle, Preferred Auto, and Non-Standard Auto Insurance markets.
The Agency has evolved to be one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in Pennsylvania with 12 locations in Lehigh, Northampton, Schuylkill, Berks, and Carbon counties. In 1996, John Jr. worked to bring the Agency’s Vehicle Registration and Drivers’ License division online with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s mainframe computer system. He currently holds his Accredited Advisor in Insurance designation and is a Certified WorkComp Advisor. John has developed specialized insurance programs for the podiatric medical malpractice and restaurant industries. He currently serves on the boards of Synergy Holdings Corp., a workmen’s compensation specialist insurance company,Keystone Capital Investors, LLC, an investment group owning 49% of Keystone National Insurance Company, and Embassy Bank for the Lehigh Valley. John is an executive board member for the Minsi Trail Council of the Boy Scouts of America and also serves on the board of the Weller Health Education Center. He is a former board member of the Lehigh Valley Chamber Orchestra.John Jr. became President of the John Yurconic Agency on January 1, 2004. John was recently named one of the top business leaders under the age of 40 by the Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal.John is married with two children and enjoys golf, tennis, soccer, boating and motorcycling.
- 1989 – Joined the John Yurconic Agency as an insurance salesperson.
- 1991 – Received the Accredited Advisor in Insurance designation.
- 1992 – Named salesperson of the year for the Pa Patriot Insurance Company.
- 1994 – Named statewide insurance broker for the Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association. Today the agency insures over 650 podiatrists.
- 1995 – Named Vice President of the John Yurconic Agency and assumed all management functions of the company.
- 1996 – Began a three year term on the Ambassador Bank Advisory Board.
- 1998 – Selected to serve a two year term on the Penn National Insurance Company Commercial Lines National Advisory Board.
- 1999 – Elected and currently serves as the Chairman of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Online Messenger Advisory Board.
- 2000 – Named statewide insurance broker for the Florida Podiatric Medical Association.
- 2000 – John Yurconic Agency joined the Keystone Insurers Group where John is a member of various advisory committees.
- 2003 – Executive Board Member for the Minsi Trail Council of the Boys Scouts of America.
- 2004 – Awarded Outstanding Personal Lines Production Award for Ohio Casualty Insurance Company, finished second in the country in new business sales.
- 2004 – Named President of the John Yurconic Agency.
- 2004 – Elected to the Board of Directors for Keystone Capital Investors, LLC, an investment group owning 49% of Keystone National Insurance Company.
- 2005 – Member of Advisory Council for Embassy Bank for the Lehigh Valley.
- 2006 – Elected to the Board of Directors for Synergy Holdings Corp., a workmen’s compensation specialist insurance company.
- 2006 – Selected as a recipient of the “20 Under 40″ award presented by the Eastern Pennsylvania Business Journal.
- 2006 – Member of the board of directors of the Weller Health Education Center.
- 2006 – “Rising Star Award” received from the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- 2007 – Elected to the Board of Directors for Embassy Bank for the Lehigh Valley, a local community bank.
- 2007 – Named President of Insurance Premium Financing, Inc. a company specializing in the financing of insurance premiums.
- 2007 – Elected to the Board of ST. Luke’s Hospital – Allentown Campus
- 2007 -Elected to the Board of Directors of Pa Messenger Solutions, Inc. t/a TitleNGo.
- 2008 – Named to the Ohio Casualty Agent’s Insurance Advisory Council
- 2008 – Elected to Serve on the Board of Governors of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce
- 2008 – Elected to the Board of the Allentown Symphony Orchestra